Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Wonderland?

For those of you who still stop in, I haven’t completely deserted you!

Let me ask you a question: Where is the snow?

Just like there are fair-weather skiers, I am a fair-weather blogger. Just view it as your lucky sunny day, after a night of heavy snowfall, and you’re the first one on the slopes.

Despite the lack of snow I taught my first two skiing lessons this weekend. On the second lesson the boy was a non stop talker who loved ninjas. I got to incorporate some ninja moves into skiing, didn’t know you could do that did you? He loved it and he even got to lead part of the slope down. His mom said that because of these lessons her son feels capable of doing anything. What a privilege to be a part of that process.

I am skiing almost everyday, and while I am a fair-weather blogger, I am a pretty dedicated skier because I have much to improve. I even opt to ski on slush/rainy days! This is mostly because anything is better than skiing on an ice mountain. Another benefit to skiing on so called “crummy” days is there is no one on the mountain.

What has this warm winter held for you? Are you finding enough things to keep you busy? Drop me a note and let me know what you do to enjoy the warmness of the season.Maybe even do a little snow dance for the cause:)

No comments:

Post a Comment