Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm squatting down, smashed up into a tree, at 1am, in my rain jacket, pants on inside out and backwards, being pelted with water, and surrounded by bangs and booms of thunder, the lightning proving to be quite the entertainment for the whole night.  I am fixing a corner of the tarp that came undone and is flapping obnoxiously in the wind.  This is my job. And I love it.

Later in the week I saw two wild horses. I almost stepped on a horned lizard and I shooed away a couple scorpions.

I led a hike this week.  It was hilly and beautiful.

During the weeks in the field we have MFT: Mandatory Fun Time.  I taught the ladies how to play signs.  Basically everyone standing in a circle passing on a funny sign while trying not to get caught. We laughed a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment