Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thumbs up for Mom and Dad



 Parents visited!!! AND this was our Easter Sunday, spent on a hike in Zion. 
  Don't worry PEEPS made it to Zion too

We did some backcountry hiking in the field area that I work.  A foreign experience for californians accustomed to well groomed trails:) Way to rough it!


The end of a hike called angels landing.  A bit precarious but we made it.  Dad your skill in having conversations with anyone around still amazes me. (he chatted with a few guys on this hike and the next day the same guys camped right next to us at Bryce Canyon)


After three days in Zion we ventured over to Bryce Canyon.  Here we discovered the hoodoos of the land.  They look like the pieces on a chess board.  Camping was a bit chilly but we survived!

I like our matching sun hats:)

We hiked a total of five out of the six days they were here. All my friends were jealous that my parents actually camped.  Who would've thought camping and parents could be so cool.  I got to show them around the DI(st.george version of goodwill....but better). We ate frozen custard after waiting a good thirty minutes for it to come.  They met my roommates and witnessed the quirckyness of my house.  Twas just lovely having them here.  Thanks for coming mom and Dad! Maybe next time you can come in winter time and we can explore the snowy side of life out here:)

2 comments:

  1. It will be a cold day in hell before you get me out there in winter time ~ dad ~

    ReplyDelete